Feelings of Stupidity and How to Overcome Them

  • Thread starter Thread starter bjnartowt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
bjnartowt
Messages
265
Reaction score
3
Hi, all, I wanted to know a couple of things:

1) In doing physics-research (theory, especially): have you ever felt really stupid? So stupid that you don't feel like working anymore, because you just don't feel like having your stupidity pointed out by your work? (I'm guessing there's an overwhelming YES out there).

2) How do you keep researching and working, in spite of that feeling? I just stopped working for a few days on end because of that. I can't be doing that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
http://jcs.biologists.org/cgi/content/full/121/11/1771

That might be a good read
 
No problem, I hope to one day be in your position, and experience that feeling. I imagine it must be all the more sweet when you finally solve your problem, after feeling that way.