Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finally, a job interview after 2 months!

1. Jun 10, 2010 #1
    Well for anyone looking for a job right now I wanted to let them know to not give up all hope. After 2 months and a 100 or so resumes I finally had the oportunity to sit down for an interview. It really went well and my IT background along with my accounting degree make me a really good fit for the position. Hope I make it to the second interview. Everyone wish me luck!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2010 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Good luck! Is it near your residence so you won't have to relocate (or can at least tolerate the commute)?

4. Jun 10, 2010 #3
    It's about 30 miles from my house but my last job was about 25 so commuting is not that big a deal. Life in sales forces you do a lot of driving so i'm use to it.

5. Jun 10, 2010 #4
    Good luck, the market is very tough for everyone right now.

6. Jun 10, 2010 #5

turbo

Gold Member

I was in technical/industrial sales for years, and my territory generally encompassed all of New England, and at times, the Eastern half of NY too. When you live in central Maine and a client in central upstate NY needs you there ASAP, it can be hell. Good luck, Ronnin! Don't break a leg, though. That only works if you're in theater.

7. Jun 10, 2010 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm thinking good thoughts for you - best of luck!

8. Jun 11, 2010 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Good luck Ronnin!

9. Jun 11, 2010 #8

Astronuc

Congrats Ronnin and good luck!

10. Jun 11, 2010 #9
    Good luck to you Ronnin. Report back how it goes.

11. Jun 12, 2010 #10
    Good news, I got to the second interview. Now I get to sit down with the Controller and the President. It's between me and one other bean counter. Hopefully between my skills and natural charm I can win this one!:smile:

12. Jun 12, 2010 #11
    Great news, Ronnin! Skills and charm away!

13. Jun 12, 2010 #12

Borek

Fingers crossed.

14. Jun 12, 2010 #13

Borg

Gold Member

That was pretty quick - always a good sign. Good luck.

15. Jun 17, 2010 #14
    Well i'm pretty bummed out about this one. Between the two of us I lost out because the other candidate had "more developed experience" in accounting. My IT skills were a plus but they decided that I was too green to take a chance on I suppose. Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Looks like it's back to the job ads again to start this whole process over again. :cry:

16. Jun 17, 2010 #15

turbo

Gold Member

Sorry to hear that, Ronnin. Keep plugging, and good luck.

17. Jun 17, 2010 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah dang, Ronnin, sorry to hear it. Hang in there, better luck next time.

18. Jun 17, 2010 #17

Borek

I was afraid of asking :grumpy: Sorry to hear that. It will change one day :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook