Finally, a job interview after 2 months

In summary: I was afraid of asking :grumpy: Sorry to hear that. It will change one day :smile:Keep trying Ronnin, you have what it takes.Good luck - you'll get there.In summary, Ronnin lost an interview for a position due to lack of experience in accounting.
Ronnin
Well for anyone looking for a job right now I wanted to let them know to not give up all hope. After 2 months and a 100 or so resumes I finally had the oportunity to sit down for an interview. It really went well and my IT background along with my accounting degree make me a really good fit for the position. Hope I make it to the second interview. Everyone wish me luck!

Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck! Is it near your residence so you won't have to relocate (or can at least tolerate the commute)?

It's about 30 miles from my house but my last job was about 25 so commuting is not that big a deal. Life in sales forces you do a lot of driving so I'm use to it.

Good luck, the market is very tough for everyone right now.

Ronnin said:
It's about 30 miles from my house but my last job was about 25 so commuting is not that big a deal. Life in sales forces you do a lot of driving so I'm use to it.
I was in technical/industrial sales for years, and my territory generally encompassed all of New England, and at times, the Eastern half of NY too. When you live in central Maine and a client in central upstate NY needs you there ASAP, it can be hell. Good luck, Ronnin! Don't break a leg, though. That only works if you're in theater.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you - best of luck!

Good luck Ronnin!

Congrats Ronnin and good luck!

Good luck to you Ronnin. Report back how it goes.

Good news, I got to the second interview. Now I get to sit down with the Controller and the President. It's between me and one other bean counter. Hopefully between my skills and natural charm I can win this one!:smile:

Great news, Ronnin! Skills and charm away!

Fingers crossed.

Ronnin said:
Good news, I got to the second interview. Now I get to sit down with the Controller and the President. It's between me and one other bean counter. Hopefully between my skills and natural charm I can win this one!:smile:

That was pretty quick - always a good sign. Good luck.

Well I'm pretty bummed out about this one. Between the two of us I lost out because the other candidate had "more developed experience" in accounting. My IT skills were a plus but they decided that I was too green to take a chance on I suppose. Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Looks like it's back to the job ads again to start this whole process over again. :cry:

Sorry to hear that, Ronnin. Keep plugging, and good luck.

Ah dang, Ronnin, sorry to hear it. Hang in there, better luck next time.

I was afraid of asking :grumpy: Sorry to hear that. It will change one day :smile:

1. How did you prepare for the job interview after 2 months?

I spent time researching the company and the position, reviewing my resume and cover letter, and practicing common interview questions. I also made sure to dress professionally and arrive early for the interview.

2. What should I expect during the job interview after 2 months?

Typically, a job interview after 2 months will involve meeting with one or more members of the company's hiring team. They may ask you about your previous work experience, skills, and qualifications for the position. It is also common for them to ask behavioral or situational questions to assess how you would handle certain situations.

3. Is it common to have a job interview after 2 months?

It depends on the specific company and their hiring process. Some companies may have a longer recruitment process, while others may schedule interviews more quickly. It is always a good idea to follow up with the company after submitting your application to inquire about their timeline for interviews.

4. How important is body language during a job interview after 2 months?

Body language can play a significant role in a job interview after 2 months. It is essential to maintain good posture, make eye contact, and avoid fidgeting or crossing your arms. These nonverbal cues can convey confidence and professionalism to the interviewer.

5. What should I do after the job interview after 2 months?

After the interview, it is a good idea to send a thank-you email or note to the interviewer, expressing your gratitude for the opportunity to interview. You can also inquire about the next steps in the hiring process and when you can expect to hear back from the company regarding their decision.