Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finally some Quebec City pictures!

1. May 20, 2008 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Ok, these pictures aren't the greatest. I did not take them with my camera. I took them with my cellphone as I did not have my camera for the first week.

I set them all up on one web page so that pop-ups are minimized and that I won't have to keep track of them on a site like imageshack or something.

The pictures have a little brief caption.

http://www.quebeccity.8m.com

I will be adding new pictures with my camera that are much much nicer. And I will enhance the looks of the site. It was quick just so people can see some pictures.

Note: Does anyone know how to turn off the touch pad on laptops? I have a mouse and the touch pad is very annoying when I type! Thank you. :smile:

ENJOY!

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2008 #2
    Nice pictures, looks almost like europe.

4. May 20, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

As cities go that one looks nice, and you seem to have some form of entertainment near by.

5. May 20, 2008 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yeah, it's very beautiful city. I'm glad I'm here for the 400th anniversary.

I have some really nice pictures coming too.

6. May 20, 2008 #5
    These pictures are beautiful!

7. May 20, 2008 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Jason, that is a great pictorial journal of your move. I love the architecture and you are so lucky to be able to walk to everything.

Your girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous!!!

You lucky dog! :approve:

8. May 20, 2008 #7
    I lived in Quebec until I was 8 or so and I don't remember any of that....

9. May 21, 2008 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Wow, she's hot! (The city, I mean... I'd never refer to someone else's spouse like that... :uhh:) Awesome stonework.
    If you have a real computer, just go to System Preferences>Hardware>Keyboard and Mouse>Trackpad. At the bottom, there's a checkbox for Ignore Trackpad When Mouse is Present. I have no idea what you'd do if you have a Windows-burner.

10. May 21, 2008 #9
    Great photos. Looks like a fun place to live for the summer.

11. May 21, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

I grew up less than 200 miles south of there, and it's a beautiful city - at least the old part of town is. If you make lots of friends, you'll have to go back for Winter Carnival, Jason. It's a good time.

12. Jun 1, 2008 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yes, she's very pretty! :smile:

13. Jun 1, 2008 #12

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yeah, I definitely plan on coming to Quebec regularly from now on. I came here in December, April, and then May for the summer.

Hopefully, I'm here for the carnival next year. :biggrin:

14. Jun 1, 2008 #13

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have just updated my site. I have a new address and the layout is much nicer! No banners too!

www.stupidbobby.8m.com

I added 20 pictures on top of the last one. I'll be adding lots through summer and from now on.

Enjoy! :smile:

15. Jun 1, 2008 #14

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Nice pictures.

I grew up in Quebec city and I am still spending part of the year there (when I am off teaching duties) including this summer. If I can help in some way let me know.

Patrick

16. Jul 31, 2008 #15

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Today, I'm returning to Ontario. I will most likely return next summer. (Well, I'm suppose to come back in 3 weeks.)

My french has definitely improved. Most people can no longer recognize whether I'm english or not. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?