1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finance formulas to compare the best value of a house

Tags:
  1. Nov 5, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    House one is going for say 350.000 and House two is going for 250.000, both have the same bed and bath. Yet i want to add variables for instance house one has a decline in crime rate variable also a newly build mall. House two has new schools and crime is on the rise. So my question is how would i set this up using the formulas, and which one(s). Also i want to add the variables of both houses with crime, mall, school. All this within a 10 year span. So i am looking for the best house deal, where down the line one of two houses would be the best deal. The crime variable(s) would a depreciation for the first and increasing for the second. The mall would be a increase value variable. And schools would a increase variable. Please help, and any additions or edits you'd like to make to the variables or anything please go right ahead

Thank you!

2. Relevant equations
    I am doing a project using finance formulas such as: Compound interest formula of a future value A=P(1+i) or Present Value P=A/(1+i)^n. As well as Annuity Formula of future value S=R((1+i)^n-1)/i or Present Value P=R((1-(1+i)^-n)/i

3. The attempt at a solution

not entirely sure how to do so.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2016 #2

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why aren't the additional variables already captured in the price?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted