Find a Forum for Printing Personal Reminders on Login

  • Topic: Suggestion 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Messages
7,864
Reaction score
1,605
I'd like to find a forum that would print reminder messages when I log in - personal reminders that I would compose myself like: Did you take you morning pills yet? You have a dental appointment at 1:30 PM on Wednesday. etc. I realize there are applications for computers and phones that do this. However I don't always use the same computer and I don't pick up my phone the first thing in the morning - it's usually in my trousers in another room. I'm not talking about a sophisticated reminder function that would be keyed to a calendar - just a page of text that I could edit that would be displayed when I login. Would that be a good feature for physicsforums?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
I'd like to find a forum that would print reminder messages when I log in - personal reminders that I would compose myself like: Did you take you morning pills yet? You have a dental appointment at 1:30 PM on Wednesday. etc.
Forums are places where you can discuss things with other people so they are not the obvious places to find such functionality.

Stephen Tashi said:
I realize there are applications for computers and phones that do this. However I don't always use the same computer and I don't pick up my phone the first thing in the morning - it's usually in my trousers in another room.
That's why most of these applications synchronize across devices: have you looked at e.g. Remember the Milk, ToDoIst, Evernote, OneNote perhaps even Trello?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Haborix and russ_watters
I regularly use the Todoist app mentioned by @pbuk on my phone and computer. It has been awhile since I used the free version, so I forget the capability difference between the free and paid versions.