Find Best Astrophysics College for Florida High School Senior

  • Thread starter Thread starter sen10rs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Future
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
sen10rs
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
As you can tell by my username I am currently in a high school senior w/ a 3.0 GPA. Looking for colleges to apply to is a problem for me, I live in Florida and my mom won't let me go out of state. What college for my undergraduate should I go to? In astrophysics?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
FSU is the cosmology and astrophysics center of Florida. In fact its the only one which has much active research on the topic.

Though I guess I should ask what in astrophysics are you interested in?

Also, if the reason you can't leave florida is because of $$, then you should try applying for fellowships or scholarships because there are lots of places outside florida which have great astrophysics programs as well.
 
FIU and FIT also have good astronomy and physics departments, with a lot of research professors and access to the SARA telescopes (one on Kitt Peak in AZ and one soon to begin operating in Chile). I suggest picking a physics major, and taking courses in math, astronomy, and computer science as well.