Find Momentum & Force of Pellet Penetrating Clay | Physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Procrastinate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Momentum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Procrastinate
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
An air rifle pellet of mass one gram and velocity 100 metres per second penetrates five centimetres into a lump of clay and comes to rest in one millisecond. Assume that the force acting on the pellet when in clay is constant.

Find the magnitude of the change in momentum and the magnitude of the force acting on the pellet.

My answers were 1 x 10-1kgms-1 and 1 x 102N but there aren't any solutions on the page, so I was wondering if I was right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like I got it right.I get the same answers as you.:smile: