Torsional angle in tapered hollow cone pipe under distributed torque

  • Thread starter Thread starter levelone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Torque
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
levelone
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A filled pipe shaped as a incomplete cone is shown in figure. a disturbed torque of M kN.m/m is exerted on this pipe. find Φ at the point of A. (all variable and given data is shown in figure)
http://www.radinupload.ir/do.php?img=4826

Homework Equations


Φ=∫T.dx/G.J

The Attempt at a Solution


I have integrated torque using the formula above and reached to an answer but I'm not sure about it. my answer: 5h2 / GR4
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
please show your working and your reasoning.
I'm guessing the torque is not so much disturbed as distributed.