Find Speed of Particles in B-Field

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    B-field
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Bert
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
given is:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6684/oplosqa0.jpg

So if you have a question with a B-field you need any speed given from the particles who entering in this field.
Who can I find this speed? Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bert said:
given is:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6684/oplosqa0.jpg

So if you have a question with a B-field you need any speed given from the particles who entering in this field.
Who can I find this speed? Thanks.

Get the speed from the kinetic energy 100keV.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I try this but I fail so:

[tex]\frac{1}{2}m . v^2=U[/tex]
then we have
[tex]1,602 \ . \ 10^{-19} \ . \ 1 . \ 10^5=1,602 \ . \ 10^{-14}= \frac{1}{2} 10^{-27}.v^2[/tex]

so [tex]v[/tex] must be [tex]\sqrt{ \frac{2 \ . \ 1,602 . 10^{-14} } {10 ^{-27} } }[/tex]

is this correct?
 
Bert said:
I try this but I fail so:

[tex]\frac{1}{2}m . v^2=U[/tex]
then we have
[tex]1,602 \ . \ 10^{-19} \ . \ 1 . \ 10^5=1,602 \ . \ 10^{-14}= \frac{1}{2} 10^{-27}.v^2[/tex]

so [tex]v[/tex] must be [tex]\sqrt{ \frac{2 \ . \ 1,602 . 10^{-14} } {10 ^{-27} } }[/tex]

is this correct?

mass of a proton = [tex]1.67*10^{-27}kg[/tex]. Other than that everything looks good.