Find the Best SAT Book to Score Above 750

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stressed out
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Sat
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Stressed out
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello,
Can anyone please help me with this?
I gave my SAT II Physics and got 670. But I am not satisfied with this score so I am going to repeat this exam in may. The problem is tht I am doing self study, and i studied from Barron's book...but the topics are difficult to understand. Some topics are new to me. I am also doing A level course and its Curriculum is different from SAT. So please ppl , can anyone of u recommend a good SAT book/books to score above 750?
Thnx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Barron's Book has higher difficulty level use Princeton Review as a Review Book. As a textbook use Schaum's outline of Physics and 3000 Problems in Physics, its sufficient to Score 750.
 
Also Online Sample Tests are available, take them.
 
Thanks so much... And one more question please if u don't mind.. Can u also recommend some good books for Math level 2 and chemistry? Thanx
 
All is same if you have a lot time (1/2 years) then Refer to the Thick Introductory College level texts as Morrision Boyd Organic Chemistry but if you want it rapidly then consult,

Schaum's outlines or ___ for Dummies or An Idiots Guide to ___.

have a look on Math Level 2 syllabus and search book on Google. As I Know Schaums outline of Algebra is available google for others dummies or idiots...
 
I second Newton's recommendation for the Princeton review over Barron's but perhaps for different reasons. The Barron's book is horrible (absolutely horrible) to use for the SAT 2 in physics because it gives you a ton of rote calculation problems and there are zero calculation problems in the actual exam. The actual exam consists of mostly conceptual problems with little to no calculation so please don't use Barron's; I don't think they even knew what exam they made it for. I took the Sat 2 physics 2 years ago (junior year of HS) but I highly doubt the test has changed much. As for Math Level 2 now that is a test for which I would recommend Barron's but don't fear much about this exam. If you've taken pre - calc or something equivalent in school this test will be an absolute breeze; it's just a plug into your calculator and get an answer exam (unlike the physics). The curve on the physics sat 2 is very generous (if I recall correctly I got 4 questions wrong when I took it as mentioned and still got an 800) so if you are pressed for time on the exam and have not finished everything try to take that into account.
 
Thank you Newtons.. Ill take ur advices...and hope so i get a good score...Ill let u know :)