Mounting plate for 700-800RPM electric motor with 30cm wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter ksukhin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wheel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
ksukhin
Messages
33
Reaction score
1
Physics news on Phys.org
A wheel from a go cart or similar would fill the bill. Any junkyards in your area?
 
I don't really know what you mean. I need a plate that can handle 700-800 RPMs. I already have the wheel, just need to find a way to mount it.
 
Car or go cart wheels usually come attached to a bearing that would serve your RPM requirements. You are quite right that a lazy susan bearing will not work for you.
The bottom bracket of a bicycle might work, the bearings are decent, although 700 rpm is several times more than they designed for as well. However, there is a through shaft, allowing for the motor and the wheel to be easily mounted.
 
We need a better description of what you are trying to achieve. A drawing is preferred.
 
I have a motor with a 1/2" shaft with a "D" shape. I am trying to drive a 30cm wheel with this motor. I need a revolving swivel plate like this - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...re-hardware-barstool-turntable/550860671.html - that will hold the wheel. It needs to handle 700-800 RPMs. The motor shaft will go into the wheel on top and drive it.

I will post a drawing once I am off work. I need to know what kind of adapters I need for the shaft and wheel so the drive shaft doesn't shear the wheel at the point of attachment.