Find Zeros of 2x^3 - 8x^2 + 9x - 9 Polynomial

  • Thread starter Thread starter xskull
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Algebra
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
xskull
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find all zeros of the polynomial:
P(x)=2x^3 - 8x^2 + 9x - 9

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I am unsure how to get the factors of this polynomial therefore my answer is that there are no factors.

Though, I do not know how to get the imaginary factors on a polynomial with three as it's highest degree.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
xskull said:

Homework Statement



Find all zeros of the polynomial:
P(x)=2x^3 - 8x^2 + 9x - 9

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I am unsure how to get the factors of this polynomial therefore my answer is that there are no factors.
That answer is not likely to get you many points. If you're being asked to factor cubics, you probably have been presented some tools to help you, such as the Rational Root Theorem.
xskull said:
Though, I do not know how to get the imaginary factors on a polynomial with three as it's highest degree.