Finding circumpolar stars visible from 26°28'12"N latitude

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter purnendu.007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Declination Stars
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
purnendu.007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I want to check circumpolar stars for the observer whose latitude is 26 degree 28 minute 12 second North (My office). From here, latitude = 26 degree 28 minute 12 second North, all stars with a declination higher than +63 degree 31 minute 48 second are such circumpolar stars. And stars with a declination less than −63 degree 31 minute 48 second can never be observed here.

So I want to study on those and I need the name of all stars with proper declination (very close to my region). I am not getting the proper (authentic) star catalogue. Can anyone please help me by providing any source for it?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Check out this
"asa.usno.navy.mil/SecH/2011/brightstar_2011.pdf"[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gannet said:
Check out this
"asa.usno.navy.mil/SecH/2011/brightstar_2011.pdf"[/URL][/QUOTE]


also AAVSO: [url]http://www.aavso.org/[/url]
 
Last edited by a moderator: