Finding launch speed from 876 J of work on a 0.398 kg projectile

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chica1975
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Projectiles Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Chica1975
Messages
63
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A projectile launcher did 876j of work on a .398kg projectile what is the launch speed of the projectile?


Homework Equations


W = f*d
mg = 3.9004
after that I am stuck


The Attempt at a Solution



I drew a diagram and tried a few things but am completely stuck. please help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Chica1975 said:

The Attempt at a Solution



I drew a diagram and tried a few things but am completely stuck. please help.

The work done is entirely kinetic :wink:
 
W = F * d is only a mathematical tool to calculate how much work is done. The applicable statement of physics is W = [tex]\Delta[/tex]E