Finding lift and resistance for equilibrium with thrust 103000 N

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Rhineland

Homework Statement


Given:
Thrust: 103000 N
Lift = ?
Weight = 86500 N
Resistance = ?

Homework Equations


I'm just to figure out the value of resistance and lift.

The Attempt at a Solution


I can't seem to figure out a way to find out resistance, but with lift I believe it has something to do with the weight.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe I'm missing something, but the answer appears trivial to me, and this is not an Advanced problem. The "Lift" is equal to the thrust and the "Resistance" is equal to the weight. Perhaps someone else will supply something different from that, but that is what I think the answer would be.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Charles Link said:
this is not an Advanced problem
Thread moved to Intro Physics. :smile:
 
Technically you cannot solve this problem without more information. Is the aircraft flying "in equilibrium" or is it accelerating?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
I forgot to mention that there was an angle of 30 degrees. Just had to use cos 30. Thanks for taking the time to reply back! No help needed anymore.