Finding moles of water in a 5g BaCl2·H2O sample

  • Thread starter Thread starter crayzlilgurl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chem
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
crayzlilgurl
[SOLVED] A chem problem...help please

I don't know how to answer this question. I have to find the number of moles of water in the hydrate BaCL2*H2O. SOwwie i don't now how to make the 2 smaller. The mass of the hydrate is 5g, the Mass of lost
water is .7 grams and the anhydrous compound is 4.3 grams. Please help me. Thanks
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Originally posted by crayzlilgurl
I don't know how to answer this question. I have to find the number of moles of water in the hydrate BaCL2*H2O. SOwwie i don't now how to make the 2 smaller. The mass of the hydrate is 5g, the Mass of lost
water is .7 grams and the anhydrous compound is 4.3 grams. Please help me. Thanks

It's pretty easy. You know that there was 0.7 grams of water originally. You, should, also know that water is 1/18 moles per gram. I can't make it any easier for you than that without telling you the answer, and that wouldn't do you any good.
 
thanks...i noe wut to do it just all the numbers i was given confused the heck outta me...