Finding N for Fibonacci ratios converging to golden ratio

  • Thread starter Thread starter leoflc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mean Sequence
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
leoflc
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Fibonaci Sequence,
{1,1,2,3,4,8,13}
If you take successive ratios of these term, we generate a realted sequence,
{1/1, 1/2, 2/3, 3/5, 5/8, 8/13}
and this sequence converges to the Golden Mean. Using the formal definition of convergence, find the appropriate [itex]N[/itex] if [itex]\varepsilon = 0.0001[/itex]
------------------------------------------------------------------
I know Fibonnaci Sequence is [itex]a_n = a_{n-1} + a_{n+1}[/itex]
and I need to find the limit for the Golden Mean?

could anyone give me a hand?
Thank you very much!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
what is the formula of the related sequnce?
this is the sequence you are concerned with.
 
I'm still working on the formula for the Golden Mean, but is it [tex]\frac{(n-1)+(n-2)}{n+1}[/tex]
?
 
Hint:

[tex]\frac {a_{n+1}}{a_n} = 1 + \frac {a_{n-1}}{a_n}[/tex]