Finding resultant magnitude and location of a distributed load system

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Dellis
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Please help me, "Determine the Magnitude & Location of the Resultant for...

Hi, I need some help understanding how to do this type of problem, I attached a digital picture version of the problem.

Homework Statement



Determine the Magnitude and Location of the Resultant for the Load System shown:
^That's what they want, please help me.

The visual representation is in the attachment.


This is as far as I get in this problem,


W= (8KN/m) 6m= 48Kn

R= Summation FY=

Summation MA=

X bar=I have no idea what to do next
 
Attachments
  • STATICS PROBLEM.jpg
    STATICS PROBLEM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


Dellis said:
Update-

Attached the .JPEG


I need to buy a damn scanner, this took me probably longer then how long it takes to do the problem.

If you have a digital camera, why not use that?
 


Ok the updload is done, the STATICS PROBLEM.jpg is the actual Digital Picture, sorry for going in a maze over this, I feel so stupid right now:shy:, let me clean up the first post...
 


Help please, I need to know how to do these problems, it isn't a Homework its just an exercise for my brain. If I can see the process of how it is done, then I can understand it and put it to use, If I see a process it sticks in my mind forever.
 
Last edited: