Finding strip dimensions for conductance of 1mA V−1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christopher
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Conductance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Christopher
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I have this question whihc is confusing me on Conductance. The Question is Paper uniformly coated with graphite can be electrically conducting. A strip of the coated paper is 10mm wide and 250mm long has a resistance of 2KO (ohms). Sggest dimensions for a strip with conductance 1mA V-1 (little -1 above V, sorry can't remember the name for that :frown: )

Okay this is what I know already which could help me. Conductance is increased with the length of wire (strip) and decreased with the width.

Thanks for your help. :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you're looking for this:
[tex]\frac {G_1}{G_2} = \frac {L_2}{L_1} \frac {W_1}{W_2}[/tex]
You have the relationships backward. Conductance will decrease with increasing length and increase with increasing length, assuming constant temperature.
 
Thankyou. I was thinking of Resistance then which is the other way round.