Finding th value of x and radian when volume is maximum

In summary, the equation for finding the maximum volume of a cylinder is V = πr²h, and to find the value of x when the volume is maximum, you can use the derivative of the volume equation and set it equal to 0. This can be done in both degrees and radians. Calculus can be used to find the maximum volume of any shape, but it may be more complex for complicated shapes. There is a formula for finding the maximum volume of a cone, which is V = (1/3)πr²h, and it can be derived using calculus.
gohanhope

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You can derivate the given function of volume with respecting to x
dV/dx = 0, solve the equation. Then the result follow.

thank you. i wasn't sure.

What is the equation for finding the maximum volume of a cylinder?

The equation for finding the maximum volume of a cylinder is V = πr²h, where V represents volume, r represents the radius, and h represents the height.

How can I find the value of x when the volume is maximum?

To find the value of x when the volume is maximum, you can use the derivative of the volume equation and set it equal to 0. This will give you the critical point, which is where the volume is maximum. Then, you can solve for x to find the value.

How do I determine the value of x when the volume is maximum using radians?

To determine the value of x when the volume is maximum using radians, you can use the same method as finding the value of x in degrees. However, when solving for x, make sure to convert the angle from radians to degrees.

Can I use calculus to find the maximum volume of any shape?

Yes, calculus can be used to find the maximum volume of any shape. By taking the derivative of the volume equation and setting it equal to 0, you can find the critical point and determine the maximum volume. However, the process may be more complex for more complicated shapes.

Is there a formula for finding the maximum volume of a cone?

Yes, the formula for finding the maximum volume of a cone is V = (1/3)πr²h, where V represents volume, r represents the radius, and h represents the height. This formula can be derived using calculus to find the maximum volume.