Finding when boat Q is northeast of boat P

  • Thread starter Thread starter lioric
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vector Vectors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
63 replies · 9K views
LCKurtz said:
Put ##t=1## in your vector. Does it point NE? How about ##t = 2## or ##t=3## etc. The question is, is there any value of ##t## that gives a vector that points NE.
I get it now
I have to find out by changing t which changes the values inside the bracket
Hence giving magnitude to i & j

I completely understand
Thank you very much

(2+t)i + (10t-15)j

2+t=10t-15
t-10t=-2-15
-9t=-17
t=-17/-9
t=1.889
 
Physics news on Phys.org
So that's 1hr 53min 20sec past noon
Thank you very much
And thank you for being so patient with me
 
You are welcome. I'm curious what math courses you have had or are taking now.
 
Non actually
I just find questions here and there and try to attempt them