For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead, In The Photo Contests

Kuruman are tough competition in the "You Look Rather Down" photo contest. The speaker regrets not posting a different photo, although there is nothing wrong with the one they entered. They suggest that featuring a person, such as their "dearly beloved," can potentially attract more votes, but it is important not to overpower the main theme of the contest. The speaker gives the example of their previous entry in a different contest where the main theme was not prominent enough in their photo. In summary, the speaker shares their thoughts on their photo entry and offers advice on how to make a photo more successful in a contest.
morrobay
Gold Member
Should have , could have , would have. I hope I am not the only one who has had second thoughts on the photo that was posted in any particular photo contest.
This for the 'You Look Rather Down'contest.That I should have posted.
1580101303702.png

Likes jedishrfu
Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing wrong with the one you posted. Stiff competition with Davenn and Kuruman.

morrobay said:
This for the 'You Look Rather Down'contest.That I should have posted.

A nice photo
A big hint to getting more votes, this one above, like many of your photo entries that I have seen,
your dearly beloved features more prominently than what the theme of the competition is about.

Nothing wrong with having her or any other person in the photo, just make sure they dont
overpower the what viewers should be looking at.
Keep her or other people prominent WHEN people are part of the photo theme, otherwise
keep them either absent or in the background :smile:

Take you latest entry in the "sound of music" theme competition, the music item is very small
(not prominent) in the photoDave

Likes morrobay

1. What is the purpose of "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" in photo contests?

The purpose of "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" is to give photographers a chance to showcase their alternative photos that may not fit into the specific theme or criteria of the current photo contest. It allows for a wider range of creative submissions and provides an opportunity for photographers to showcase their versatility.

2. Who can participate in "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" in photo contests?

Anyone who has submitted a photo to the current photo contest can participate in "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead". It is open to all photographers, regardless of skill level or location.

3. How are the alternative photos judged in "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead"?

The alternative photos submitted in "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" are judged separately from the main photo contest. They are typically judged based on the same criteria as the main contest, such as composition, creativity, and technical skill.

4. Can I submit the same photo for both the main photo contest and "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead"?

No, the same photo cannot be submitted for both the main photo contest and "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead". The purpose of the alternative photo submission is to showcase a different photo that may not fit into the main contest's theme or criteria.

5. Are there any prizes for "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" in photo contests?

The prizes for "For Photos You Should Have Posted Instead" may vary depending on the photo contest. Some contests may offer separate prizes for the alternative photo submissions, while others may only have prizes for the main contest. It is best to check the specific rules and guidelines of the photo contest for more information on prizes.