For some reason, I am unable to attach anything in a post. I was

• Thread starter jnbfive
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the issue of not being able to attach anything in a post and the possible reasons for it. The person asking the question scanned a sheet and saved it as a jpeg file, but the screen went blank when trying to attach it. It is suggested that the file size may be the issue. The person apologizes for bringing up the topic and mentions that this happens every time.
jnbfive
For some reason, I am unable to attach anything in a post. I was wondering why this is.

Physics news on Phys.org

Is it rejecting because of file size? Are you sure that the type of file is one that is allowed?

jnbfive said:
For some reason, I am unable to attach anything in a post. I was wondering why this is.
Please describe exactly what you did and what the problem was.

I scanned a sheet and it was saved as a jpeg file. I went to attach it, and the screen that pops up said it was loading and the suddenly went blank.

Evo said:
Is it rejecting because of file size? Are you sure that the type of file is one that is allowed?

Thats it. For some reason my scanner produced an image size that isn't allowed. Sorry for wasting space with this topic.

Last edited:

jnbfive said:
I scanned a sheet and it was saved as a jpeg file. I went to attach it, and the screen that pops up said it was loading and the suddenly went blank.
This happens every time?

1. Why am I unable to attach anything in my post?

There could be several reasons for this. Some common causes include technical issues with the website or app, internet connectivity problems, or restrictions set by the platform or group you are posting in. It is also possible that the file you are trying to attach may not be supported by the platform.

2. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

First, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. If you are using a computer, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If you are using a mobile device, try closing and reopening the app. If the problem persists, reach out to the platform's customer support for further assistance.

3. Can I attach any type of file in my post?

It depends on the platform or group's guidelines. Some platforms may have restrictions on the types of files that can be attached, while others may allow any type of file. Make sure to review the guidelines before attempting to attach a file.

4. Why is attaching files important in a post?

Attaching files can be helpful in providing additional information or context to your post. It can also make it easier for others to understand your post or respond to it. Additionally, some platforms may require you to attach certain files, such as images, in order to post in certain groups or forums.

5. Is there a limit to the size or number of files I can attach in a post?

Again, this depends on the platform or group's guidelines. Some platforms may have a limit on the size or number of files you can attach, while others may not have any restrictions. If you are unsure, check the guidelines or reach out to the platform's customer support for clarification.