For sure the stupidest question you'll hear this week

• Thread starter mathlete
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of asking the question "For sure the stupidest question you'll hear this week" is to provoke a humorous response or engage in playful banter. There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as it is meant to be lighthearted. It is considered stupid because it is self-aware and implies a competition for the title of the "stupidest question". The question can be interpreted as offensive or insulting, and it is not appropriate to ask in a professional setting.
mathlete
How do you pronounce Wien's displacement law? I have a presentation Thursday on black body radiation and I don't remember how to pronounce it... is it Ween or Wine? I don't want to make a fool of myself :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
mathlete said:
How do you pronounce Wien's displacement law? I have a presentation Thursday on black body radiation and I don't remember how to pronounce it... is it Ween or Wine? I don't want to make a fool of myself :rofl:

It's pronounced "Veen"
( a *v*)

Patrick

Don't worry, you're not the only one who has struggled with this question! The correct pronunciation of Wien's displacement law is "vee-ens," with the emphasis on the first syllable. So it's definitely not "Ween" or "Wine." I'm sure your presentation will go great, and now you can confidently pronounce Wien's displacement law. Good luck!

1. What is the purpose of asking the question "For sure the stupidest question you'll hear this week"?

The purpose of asking this question is most likely to provoke a humorous response or to engage in playful banter with others. It may also be used to break the ice or lighten the mood in a conversation.

2. Is there a correct or wrong answer to "For sure the stupidest question you'll hear this week"?

No, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. It is meant to be a lighthearted or sarcastic remark, and the response will depend on the context and the individual's sense of humor.

3. Why is this question considered stupid?

This question is considered stupid because it is self-aware and acknowledges its own absurdity. It also implies that there is a competition for the title of the "stupidest question", which is a nonsensical concept.

4. Can this question be interpreted as offensive or insulting?

It is possible for this question to be interpreted as offensive or insulting, as humor is subjective and can be perceived differently by different individuals. It is important to consider the context and the relationship between the people involved before using this question.

5. Is it appropriate to ask this question in a professional setting?

It is not recommended to ask this question in a professional setting, as it may be perceived as unprofessional or inappropriate. It is best to use this question in casual or informal situations with friends or acquaintances.