Forbes vs. Fortune vs. Business Week

• Thread starter avant-garde
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Business
In summary, the conversation discusses different financial magazines and their usefulness in providing financial advice and information. The participants express their preferences for BusinessWeek, Forbes, and Fortune, as well as other online sources such as Wall Street Journal and Entrepreneur. They also mention the overemphasis of wealth in these magazines and the availability of information online.
avant-garde
Which would you rather read and why?

Physics news on Phys.org

I don't like either, I think they perpetuate the idea that wealth equals happiness, but that's another thread altogether.

What you want to read depends on why you are reading it. I will read Kiplinger's PF from time to time if I see something on the cover that I find interesting regarding financial advice. However, with the wealth of information available on financial matters online, I don't really see the need for finance magazines. As long as you are using common sense and going to the right websites, financial magazines aren't needed unless it is something you are really interested in.

avant-garde said:
Which would you rather read and why?

For keeping up on a wide range of business issues and industries, I think BusinessWeek is the best of the 3 for meat and useful info. (It fits my interests better anyway.) Forbes generates provocative lists from time to time if you are into ranking things or comparing salaries and such - but nothing all that important for me.

I think Fortune is just a doctor's office glossy with pretty pictures and mindless articles to read waiting for something - anything - like an airplane flight to be over and if the only other choices are outdated People mags.

If you have to read a financial I'd go with barron's. Or, better yet, forget the magazines and subscribe to Wall Street Journal.

1. What is the difference between Forbes, Fortune, and Business Week?

Forbes, Fortune, and Business Week are all business magazines that focus on the latest news and trends in the business world. However, they each have their own unique focus and target audience. Forbes is known for its coverage of the world's wealthiest individuals and their businesses. Fortune focuses on the Fortune 500 companies and their executives. Business Week covers a wide range of business topics, including technology, finance, and global economics.

2. Which magazine is the most reputable for business news?

All three magazines are well-respected in the business world and have a long history of providing accurate and insightful news and analysis. However, Forbes is often considered to be the most reputable due to its focus on in-depth reporting and its emphasis on the world's top billionaires and business leaders.

3. How often are these magazines published?

Forbes and Fortune are both published bi-weekly, meaning they come out every two weeks. Business Week, on the other hand, is published weekly, with an additional digital edition released every weekday.

4. Do these magazines offer online content?

Yes, all three magazines have an online presence and offer digital versions of their print publications. They also have websites that feature daily articles, videos, and other content related to business news and trends.

5. How can I subscribe to these magazines?

Subscriptions to Forbes, Fortune, and Business Week can be purchased through their respective websites. They also offer digital subscriptions for those who prefer to read their magazines online. Additionally, these magazines can often be found in major bookstores and newsstands.