Force exertion by liquid in a jar

Also, what units would the force have?In summary, to determine the force with which a determined 10e-10 kg bacterium must cling to the rim, we can use the equation F = m*a. However, this may not be the only force involved, and the units of the force would depend on the units of the acceleration used in the calculation.
Edemardil
c) With what force must a determined 10e-10 kg bacterium cling to the rim?

Homework Equations

(a) (1rev/2.199m)(50.0m/s)(60s/min) to get w =1364 rev/min

(b) Ca = V^2/r = 50.0^2/r
I got the radius from 0.700*0.5 = 0.350
2500*0.350 = 7142.86

(c) F = m*a

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
(c)
I looked it up and found one reply somewhere that said it's just using the F = m*a and I found some other stuff. I tried them all and get no right anwser that WebAssign will input.

So first I did:

7142.86*10e-15 but that was wrong.

I think that the Cf should be the Ca*mass so either I'm wrong or webassign is not taking my anwser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Edemardil said:
c) With what force must a determined 10e-10 kg bacterium cling to the rim?
The force with which the bacterium clings to the rim is not the only force acting. Can you think of what other force or forces might be involved?

What is force exertion by liquid in a jar?

Force exertion by liquid in a jar is the pressure or force that a liquid exerts on the walls of a container, such as a jar. This force is caused by the weight of the liquid and is evenly distributed throughout the container.

How is the force exerted by liquid in a jar calculated?

The force exerted by liquid in a jar can be calculated using the formula F = ρghA, where F is the force, ρ is the density of the liquid, g is the acceleration due to gravity, h is the height of the liquid, and A is the area of the container's bottom surface.

What factors affect the force exerted by liquid in a jar?

The force exerted by liquid in a jar is affected by the density of the liquid, the height of the liquid, and the area of the container's bottom surface. It is also affected by external factors such as temperature and atmospheric pressure.

What is the relationship between the force exerted by liquid in a jar and the height of the liquid?

The force exerted by liquid in a jar is directly proportional to the height of the liquid. This means that as the height of the liquid increases, the force exerted by the liquid on the container's walls also increases. This relationship is known as Pascal's law.

How does the shape of the jar affect the force exerted by liquid?

The shape of the jar does not have a significant effect on the force exerted by liquid. As long as the height and area of the container's bottom surface remain the same, the force exerted by the liquid will also remain the same regardless of the jar's shape.