Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forced password change & lost p.m.'s

1. Apr 1, 2008 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The Physicsforums just forced me to change my password and destroyed my private messages. Give me back my messages!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2008 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Destroyed them? Are you sure? I've never heard of such a thing. I will check the database...

- Warren

4. Apr 1, 2008 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

chroot - Warren, please check for me. What I should have said was that my private messages "disappeared", in that the messages that were present suddenly vacated my Inbox and Outbox. I had several in each, but upon giving my new password, the In & Out boxe contents disappeared.
    EDIT: I just checked again, and my private message file shows 29 messages, so they appear to all be put back. If you chroot accomplished this for me, then Thanks to you.. If you did not work to accomplish this, then the apparant initial disappearance is likely one effect, temporary, of the forced password change process.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?