Free Falling Spiderman. I need to find height

  • Thread starter Thread starter airgunde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Falling Height
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
airgunde
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Spiderman steps from the top of a tall building. He falls freely from rest to the ground a distance of h he falls a distance of h/4 in the last 1.0 s of his fall. What is the height h of the building?





The attempt at a solution is on the photo.
I am stuck and don't know where to go to get rid of the h. What can I do?
 
Attachments
  • Physics 001.jpg
    Physics 001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 652
Physics news on Phys.org
for these type of problems, its always good to specify all the requirements

you almost got it , but i think you couldn't see how to proceed because it got messy and confusing

[Complete solution removed. Hoot]
 
Last edited by a moderator: