Freezing pages due to viglink.com script

• Thread starter A.T.
  • Start date
A.T.
Science Advisor
Since a few days I noticed PF pages freezing and becoming non-responsive in Chrome (latest). I tried Firefox which had the same problem, and reported a hanging script:

https://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:63

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have noticed some hanging as well lately but attributed it to having a lot of CPU intensive programs running. Do you have an example thread with the problem?

Borg said:
I have noticed some hanging as well lately but attributed it to having a lot of CPU intensive programs running. Do you have an example thread with the problem?
It's not specific to a certain thread, more random which makes reproducing it difficult. Using Firefox eventually detects a hanging script.

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

1. What is viglink.com and why is it causing my pages to freeze?

Viglink.com is a platform that allows website owners to monetize their content by automatically inserting affiliate links into their pages. It is causing your pages to freeze because it is a script that runs in the background and can sometimes cause conflicts with other scripts on the page.

2. How can I fix the issue of freezing pages due to viglink.com?

There are a few potential solutions to this issue. You can try disabling the viglink.com script on your website, clearing your browser's cache, or updating your browser to the latest version. If the issue persists, you may need to reach out to viglink.com support for further assistance.

3. Is viglink.com a safe and legitimate platform?

Yes, viglink.com is a legitimate platform that is used by many website owners to generate income from their content. It is safe to use, but as with any script or plugin, it can sometimes cause technical issues.

4. Can I remove the viglink.com script from my website altogether?

Yes, you can remove the viglink.com script from your website if you no longer wish to use its services. However, keep in mind that this may affect your ability to earn revenue from affiliate links.

5. Are there any alternatives to viglink.com that I can use?

Yes, there are several alternative platforms that offer similar services to viglink.com. Some popular options include Skimlinks, ShareASale, and Amazon Associates. It is recommended to do some research and choose the platform that best suits your needs and goals.