Funding from an organization and delay regarding that matter

In summary: I have not gotten my grant from a university. I got it from a Switzerland based organization.Do you know if it's the same organization as nigerianprincess.ch?No.In summary, the organization claimed to provide research and development funding, but they have not transferred the promised US$ 2500. Additionally, they have warned the individual that the funding process may take longer than expected due to the European holiday season.
T C
I am continuing a personal research about a new kind of wind power generation system by my own and have got partial success. I have found a Switzerland based organization that claimed to assist research and development by individuals like me by funding them. I have contacted them and last May, they promised me to give me a small amount of fund of US$ 2500. They promised to pay it by mid June, but I haven't got it till this date. Recently I have got an e-mail from them where they say that it's holiday time all of Europe and almost all bank officials of the banks through which they operate are on holidays' It will take two weeks more to complete the process as the funds can only be transferred after the bank officials joined their work.
The whole statement looks fudgy to me. I personally don't know whether there is any kind of holiday season in Europe by now and for which most of bank officials will go for holidays and all the transactions in banks are stopped. Just sharing my experience with other to confirm whether what they are saying is true or what I am suspecting is right. Though I am now highly sanguine that my doubt is correct.

Physics news on Phys.org
August is the traditional vacation month for most of Europe.

T C said:
I have contacted them and last May, they promised me to give me a small amount of fund of US$ 2500. They promised to pay it by mid June, but I haven't got it till this date.
It sure sounds like a scam. They will likely be asking you for some money or your bank account details at some point...

berkeman said:
It sure sounds like a scam. They will likely be asking you for some money or your bank account details at some point...
They have their own website and they haven't asked for bank account details yet. I don't want to disclose the name of the organization for the time being, but can tell you personally.

Europe has only three holidays - January, May and August.

I agree - it sounds scammy. Having a website does not preclude scamminess. Is it nigerianprincess.org?

Vanadium 50 said:
Is it nigerianprincess.org?
No. It's a Switzerland based organization. If you wish, I can tell you the name personally as I don't want to disclose the name publicly for now.

Was there an application fee?

T C said:
It's a Switzerland based
Sorry. nigerianprincess.ch :wink:

• Haha
Likes hutchphd
russ_watters said:
Was there an application fee?
No.

Banks don't shut down for transactions, except for a long weekend, perhaps. Loan officers may be gone, but the banks still have to work. It's not like the european transactional economy stops in august. Blaming the bank sounds like BS to me.

Likes russ_watters
T C said:
No.
That's good. Whatever you do, do not pay them.

....also, do not give them a sneak peak at your IP.

Likes berkeman
DaveE said:
Banks don't shut down for transactions, except for a long weekend, perhaps. Loan officers may be gone, but the banks still have to work. It's not like the european transactional economy stops in august. Blaming the bank sounds like BS to me.
What they are saying that due to such holidays, funds aren't arriving at their accounts from the funders. They actually aren't blaming the banks actually.

Do not disregard the warnings, but I have had funding not arrive until the 3rd quarter along with complaints about my burn rate.

Frabjous said:
Do not disregard the warnings, but I have had funding not arrive until the 3rd quarter along with complaints about my burn rate.
From where you have got your funding? Is it from government or from a non-government organization?

T C said:
From where you have got your funding? Is it from government or from a non-government organization?
This was referring to government funding.

I expect that you will get your funding.

Frabjous said:
I expect that you will get your funding
Thanks! Whatsoever, on what subject you have got your grant?

T C said:
Thanks! Whatsoever, on what subject you have got your grant?
Behavior of materials.

Have you got your grant from any university?

T C said:
Have you got your grant from any university?
Yes. They can also be slow if the university is getting the money from an external source.

The program people and the money people are frequently separate which means that you are being told what the program people are being told by the money people, i.e., not the complete story.

They told me that I will get the grant by mid June. And, recently I have got an e-mail from them that it will take two weeks more due to holiday season. Here in the group. it's now clear that August is holiday season. Kindly tell me whether funding is delayed for you too?

1. What is the typical process for obtaining funding from an organization?

The process for obtaining funding from an organization can vary depending on the specific organization and their guidelines. However, typically it involves submitting a proposal or application outlining the project or research that requires funding, along with a detailed budget and timeline. The organization will then review the proposal and make a decision on whether or not to provide funding.

2. How long does it usually take to receive funding from an organization?

The timeline for receiving funding from an organization can vary greatly. Some organizations may have a quicker turnaround time, while others may take several months to make a decision. It is important to carefully review the organization's guidelines and timeline for funding before submitting a proposal to ensure that the project can be adequately funded within the desired timeframe.

3. What are some common reasons for delays in receiving funding from an organization?

There can be a variety of reasons for delays in receiving funding from an organization. Some common reasons include a high volume of proposals being submitted, limited funds available, and a lengthy review process. Additionally, if the proposal is incomplete or does not meet the organization's guidelines, it may be delayed or rejected.

4. Is there anything that can be done to expedite the funding process?

In some cases, organizations may have an expedited review process for urgent or time-sensitive projects. It is important to carefully review the organization's guidelines and contact them directly to inquire about any options for expediting the funding process. Additionally, ensuring that the proposal is thorough and meets all guidelines can help prevent any unnecessary delays.

5. What should be done if there is a significant delay in receiving funding from an organization?

If there is a significant delay in receiving funding from an organization, it is important to reach out to the organization directly to inquire about the status of the proposal. It may also be helpful to review the proposal and make any necessary revisions or updates to ensure it meets the organization's guidelines. If the delay continues, it may be necessary to explore alternative funding sources or adjust the project timeline accordingly.