1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI?

1. Nov 5, 2008 #1
    Hello PF readers,

I am currently doing Further Mathematics, and I was looking for a suitable revision guide for Further Pure 1 for ME, but I was unable to find one. Are there any attention worth revision guides that offer good explanation about the topic with given examples and questions to practice? I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2008 #2
    I would assume that the OCR textbook Pure 4,5,6 would be compatible with MEI specs. I found them to be very comprehensive and the questions to be very good. Also, the past year papers for both MEI and OCR should be helpful. And your own notes, I guess... I remember distilling important formulae and techniques into a few pages and that got me through Further Maths just fine.
  4. Nov 7, 2008 #3
    I just used the textbook, which I assume you already have? I got 93% on that exam :) which was pretty good given it was the hardest exam I had in Year 12.. By the way, you might want to check for revision days at universities near you, I went to one at QMU, London which was pretty helpful.
  5. Nov 8, 2008 #4
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate your responses. :P
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?