Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Future of the universe without proton decay.

1. Nov 26, 2009 #1
    How will the future of the universe be if proton decay does not occur? Does it mean that the degenerate era will last longer?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2009 #2
    well another question is if all these particles are "welling up " from space itself will there even be a degenerate era? because then space would just replenish itself

4. Dec 13, 2009 #3
    As soon as gravity is fixed and Dark Energy isn't taken seriously I doubt we will still hold to the proton decay ideal. I don't think there is such a thing, because simply it has never been observed. I also don't think new particles are being created, but its possibly some far off distant corner of the Universe might have some kind of white hole. One thing is certain, that is that nothing is certain. One day the laws of physics may run down, who knows, but its not today in any case lol.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook