Game of Bridge: Easily Finish Dealing Cards After Interruption

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Werg22
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
1
You're playing a game of bridge with 4 people. You're dealing the cards, when suddenly the phone rings and you go pick it up. When you come back to the table, you can't remember who got the last card. How do you finish dealing the cards quickly and without counting the cards of any player, with everyone getting the same cards as they would have had you gone uninterrupted?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I don't know bridge...but I'm guessing you'd count the number of cards left in the deck. Assuming you remember to whom you dealt first, you could figure it out.
 
Werg22 said:
You're playing a game of bridge with 4 people. You're dealing the cards, when suddenly the phone rings and you go pick it up. When you come back to the table, you can't remember who got the last card. How do you finish dealing the cards quickly and without counting the cards of any player, with everyone getting the same cards as they would have had you gone uninterrupted?
Oh awesome! I figgered it out in mah head!

You deal from the bottom of the deck, starting with yourself!

And on that note, I'm off to bed...
 
DaveC426913 said:
Oh awesome! I figgered it out in mah head!

You deal from the bottom of the deck, starting with yourself!

and in addition to that for completion,

deal counter clockwise