1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Physics 2 vs Modern Physics

1. Apr 27, 2016 #1
    I'm finishing up my general physics 2 course (today actually) and I begin my upper division courses in Fall. I was wondering how you found general physics 2 compared to intermediate modern physics in terms of difficulty? I found physics 2 (basically introductory E&M at my school) more difficult than physics 1 but generally pretty straightforward.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2016 #2

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

After PHY 2 on E&M comes Waves and Optics and then followed by the Modern Physics on relativity and the quanta as such. At least that's how I remember it. Each course gets more and more difficult, as would be expected. Now you don't gave to be genius to get a fairly good handle on the first three, but on the fourth, ...tough stuff.

4. Apr 28, 2016 #3
    Optics was also covered in Physics 2. So I'm basically about to begin the "tough stuff."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted