1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Solution To Three Simultaneous Equations

1. Sep 9, 2015 #1
    I herewith submit for reference, review and comment the general solution to 3 simultaneous equations as follows:

sim1.png
    sim2.png
    sim3.png

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Lot of work plus a lot of typesetting !
    I do notice that you have written down a general solution for a not so general set of three equations in three unknowns.
    Are you familiar with things like inverting a 3x3 matrix? Your matrix has zeros on the diagonal.

4. Sep 9, 2015 #3
    I agree, it's a general solution to a specific set of equations :)

Thanks, I thought that there was a simpler way of solving those.

5. Sep 9, 2015 #4

Svein

Science Advisor

There are several ways of solving a system of linear equations. The most well-known is the "Gaussian elimination" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_elimination). In the general case, you probably need to do a "pivot swapping" for each column to ensure that you do not divide by zero.

6. Sep 10, 2015 #5
    The typesetting was not a problem -- all handled by LibreOffice Math. It was easier than writing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook