Admirable is the "You can patent any old thing that comes into your head" norm. The chaps at the patent office are not supposed to police the worth of a patent, but the phrase "Patent Nonsense" does not arise from nowhere, and perhaps the patent office can refuse some patents on grounds of not making sense in the description. More controversial are the attempts to "own the future" by speculative semantics and predatory legal machinations.
Getting back to artificial gravity - there is none, despite the patents! Just getting a concept for something so obviously a property of mass, yet also so obviously associated with accelerated motion and time, has made some of the best heads hurt for some centuries.
Admittedly not actually "making" gravity, but instead contriving a structure that will continuously accelerate the folk inside toward an axis gives a situation for them indistinguishable from mass caused gravity . There was the movie fantasy space station from the opening scenes of "2001-A Space Oddesy". I was even more impressed by the slowly rotating gigantic ferris wheel feature of the craft from the movie "Mission to Mars" staring Gary Sinise, who must by now be one of the most physics-aware actors in Hollywood.
The price for this type of "artificial" gravity is maybe that momentum transfer from foot-floor friction in moving about requires the wheel rotation occasionally be forcibly corrected. It took me right into my teens before I came to appreciate that I only "feel the force" when I am not doing the free fall. Once I have jumped, it switches off - until I have landed.