Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geoff Haselhurst

1. Aug 4, 2009 #1
    I note that Geoff Haselhurst has been banned for no good reason other than making a very reasonable response to some wild criticisms of the SSW theory he supports.
    I find it absolutely laughable that a scientific 'message board' which no doubt considers itself a paragon of 'scientific' objectivity in reality behaves like a deliquent squad run by the Spanish inquisition.

Galileo's remarks about such 'scientific' standards do of course remain as true today as they were 100s of years ago:

"I wish, my dear Kepler, that we could have a good laugh together at the extraordinary stupidity of the mob. What do you think of the foremost philosophers of this University? In spite of my oft-repeated efforts and invitations, they have refused, with the obstinacy of a glutted adder, to look at the planets or Moon or my telescope. ...
    In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual"
    (Galileo Galilei)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2009 #2

negitron

Science Advisor

Whatever you say, Geoff.

4. Aug 4, 2009 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Tell Geoff that when he has published his theory in a peer reviewed journal, then he is more than welcome to post it here for discussion. Until then, he must abide by the rules for non-mainstream, unpublished theories, budding Galileo or not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook