Ghana scores early but Czech Republic wins 3-1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
They were chasing the game. Essien also ran the game well. The czechs are always unlucky.
 
Great game by Ghana. After the Czech red card, they looked like they were playing with 8 players - absolutely impotent, save for the one header late in the game. And Ghana squandered a few easy chances towards the end; the score could as well have been 4-0. But the set-up to the second Ghana goal was just brilliant. Good show by Ghana. Group E is still alive.
 
Oh boy... I bet 1:0 for Portugal and it was 2:0, I bet 1:0 for Ghana, it was 2:0, I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p
 
heartless said:
I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p

Man... start thinking that one over. I'd change the "for" to "against" US.

Nonetheless you're brave in supporting US.
 
heartless said:
Oh boy... I bet 1:0 for Portugal and it was 2:0, I bet 1:0 for Ghana, it was 2:0, I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p
Don't lose heart, heartless. :wink: You were the only one to correctly guess the outcome of this game. About two-thirds of us had the score right, with the polarity (for want of a better word) wrong. The wrongest prediction was BobG's - one of his least patriotic predictions, methinks!

I think he should score negative points on that one! :biggrin:
 
Gokul43201 said:
Don't lose heart, heartless. :wink: You were the only one to correctly guess the outcome of this game. About two-thirds of us had the score right, with the polarity (for want of a better word) wrong. The wrongest prediction was BobG's - one of his least patriotic predictions, methinks!

I think he should score negative points on that one! :biggrin:
Eh, I guess it shouldn't have come as that big a surprise. Czech Republic still looked like the team ranked second in the world by FIFA - but who knew Ghana was the best team in the world? :smile:

I think that first goal eliminated any intimidation of the World Cup atmosphere. They looked great! (Well, except for the PK - getting a yellow and hitting the post on the same PK makes for a pretty special memory to tell the grandkids about.)
 
This was one of the most surprising matches. I just couldn't tear myself away for a single second when I was watching this match. Ghana did an excellent job in all respects- defence, passing, goalkeeping and all. Kingston did a brilliance job of goal-keeping for Ghana. In the second half, the Czechs were literally at the mercy of Ghana's agression. In one word- Superb!
 
The match was a real treat to football fans. Cech's goalkeeping was brilliant. But for that, the scoreline could have looked worse for Czech Republic.