1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going for Chem Engr, advice on a minor

1. Jul 20, 2011 #1
    So, I only just finished my first year of college but I really want to major in Chemical Engineering. It's something that feels right. I started looking into minors and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about a ChemE major with a Biochemical minor. Such things as what kind of jobs i could get, things like that.. thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2011 #2
    Are you looking at being more employable? Or for personal interest?

4. Jul 20, 2011 #3
    I'm not even sure what it's all about. But researching it, I saw that I could get into the medical field with that and I don't want to do BioEngineering but I always had this interest in researching especially on something like diseases. So, interest.

5. Jul 20, 2011 #4
    I'd suggest going for something you're actually interested in.

Also, Material Science Engineering and Nuclear might be really good minors. Both industries need chemical engineers.

6. Jul 20, 2011 #5
    Well, that's why I've been really thinking more about this because I do want to do research and medical field has always been in the back of my head but I've only taken 9th grade high school biology and I'm afraid I'm not going to like it, or I'm not going to be able to handle it because lots of my friends took it and it just takes over everything you have no time for everything else. And it's lots of memorizing, which i don't seem to be very good at. But like I said, I don't want to do Bioengineering mostly because of that fact and you pretty much have to get a PhD in bioengineering and the highest i want to go is masters

7. Jul 20, 2011 #6
    Chemicals are needed in a lot of different industries (Needed in a jobs are there, but not just jumping out at you.) I'd really look around for which minors seem the most interesting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook