ChemE major needs advice on a minor

• Programs
  • Thread starter Jafar.emir
  • Start date
Hello,
Currently I'm going to school for Chemical Engineering, I was planning on dual majoring in chemistry but decided not as not to make my life more difficult then it is. I was wondering if there was anyone who had any good recommendation on minors. I'm really interested in the petroleum and mining industry at the moment. I was looking at possibly minoring in Geoscience and Finance. I would like some advice on good minors for a ChemE.

Answers and Replies

Geoscience would probably be good if you want to go into the oil and gas industry. Geology is a hugely important part of any oil/gas reservoir.

turbo
Gold Member
Geoscience would probably be good if you want to go into the oil and gas industry. Geology is a hugely important part of any oil/gas reservoir.
Seconded.

Hello,
Currently I'm going to school for Chemical Engineering, I was planning on dual majoring in chemistry but decided not as not to make my life more difficult then it is. I was wondering if there was anyone who had any good recommendation on minors. I'm really interested in the petroleum and mining industry at the moment. I was looking at possibly minoring in Geoscience and Finance. I would like some advice on good minors for a ChemE.

Take some business classes for sure.If your school has petroleum engineering a few classes in that would also be a good idea. You may also want to consider not getting minors per se. Instead, take classes relevant to your job field (that can go on a resume) like say natural gas processing or chemical refining, etc.