1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ChemE major needs advice on a minor

1. Jan 7, 2014 #1
    Hello,
    Currently I'm going to school for Chemical Engineering, I was planning on dual majoring in chemistry but decided not as not to make my life more difficult then it is. I was wondering if there was anyone who had any good recommendation on minors. I'm really interested in the petroleum and mining industry at the moment. I was looking at possibly minoring in Geoscience and Finance. I would like some advice on good minors for a ChemE.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2014 #2
    Geoscience would probably be good if you want to go into the oil and gas industry. Geology is a hugely important part of any oil/gas reservoir.

4. Jan 7, 2014 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Seconded.

5. Jan 10, 2014 #4
    Take some business classes for sure.If your school has petroleum engineering a few classes in that would also be a good idea. You may also want to consider not getting minors per se. Instead, take classes relevant to your job field (that can go on a resume) like say natural gas processing or chemical refining, etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook