Good Graduate Schools in Physics (Astrophysics, HighEnergy) in Rural Areas

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
ting.yuansen
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Due to medical reason, I have problem with noises, and I am graduating from M.Sc soon, I am looking for PhD program in US, Canada, Europe (Australia?)

Can you please suggest which good school which is situated at rather rural area, yet strong in physics.

My research interest is : Cosmology, Astrophysics (both theoretical / computational, observational) , High Energy Physics (both theoretical and experimental) , Mathematical physics (more on Quantum Field Theory , maybe String which I still know very little about)

Thanks! =D
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Any school that's big enough to have a strong PhD program is going to be a small-to-medium city in its own right. Urbana, IL and Ames, IA are located in the middle of nowhere but you would only know that if you drove a couple miles out of town.