Google remembered my previous search for my name and Harley Davidson

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Google
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Sometimes I find it easiest to search for a thread by Googling my name + something that I remember posting. For some reason this seems to work better than using the thread title sometimes.

Quite some time ago...at least months, and I am quite certain that this was on my old computer, I googled my name and "Harley Davidson" to find the "What was it?" thread in the General Discussion forum. Just now I wanted the thread again, but I googled "What was it" and my name. The hit that resulted was correct, but when I looked at the address, it had the thread address + highlight "Harley Davidson"!

What the hell...? Google knew who I was and linked to the previous search? Is this possible? Or must it be that I have made this search [using Harley] on this computer? But even if so, I clear cookies and files regularly.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Was it strictly the name "Ivan Seeking" that made the link? But if so, why was only Harley Davidson highlighted?
 
it doesn't know its you, i get the "showthread.php?t=18777&highlight=Harley+Davidson"
too.

and i haven't ever searched Harley Davidson.