Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Google Wave invites give out (Ive got 12)

1. Dec 26, 2009 #1
    Hey guys,

Just joined the forums and I decided to share and give out some of my Google Wave invites.
    I'll only give them out to people who are active and are going to use it.
    Here are my conditions:

-That you use Wave (it is still in relative open beta, so its only logical to use it)
    -That you add me as a contact

That's about it.
    First come, first serve.
    Please post your email (gmail, hopefully)

If you need some help getting into Wave (supported browsers: FF, IE, Safari, NOT opera) or getting to know the interface or whatever, PM me.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2009 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

4. Dec 26, 2009 #3
    Thats a form to give your email so when Google sends out the next wave (no pun intended) of invites, you might get one. Keep in mind the list is long.

I'm already on wave and the invites that I am allowed to give out are, for the most part instantaneous. Within a couples hours you can actually use Wave.

5. Dec 26, 2009 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

Does anyone else feel that Google is the Skynet? Centralized server that will store all your daily communications, bypassing need for SMS, e-mail, phone conversations, video chat. This 'technology' will put most facebook/twitter/yahoo/msn types of business, not to mention bogarting other cellphone makers with their G1 phone. Having monopoly on email wasn't enough now its going to include all the communications. Next stop: buying skype and incorporating that

6. Dec 26, 2009 #5
    I haven't read the TOS lately, but if guerilla marketing isn't against the forum rules, it should be...

7. Dec 26, 2009 #6
    Wave is Google's way of re-inventing a 40 year old technology.
    If you don't like it, that's fine. But please don't ruin this thread for others who might want to participate.

Wave integrates (or at least, is trying to) IM, email, personal notes, document sharing, collaboration work.

Privacy Policy: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/privacy.html
    They don't keep anything else than Hotmail would keep or any other site that uses a counter (most counters record IPs and other info to help the webmaster design his website to target different public)

8. Dec 26, 2009 #7

cronxeh

Gold Member

1. I dont need you in my contacts
    2. I dont want you having my email
    3. I dont care for Google Wave either way

9. Dec 26, 2009 #8
    Then why are you posting in this thread?

10. Dec 26, 2009 #9

cronxeh

Gold Member

4. I dont want you having other people's emails either

It seems to spread like a virus through their phonebooks, and sooner or later it will find its way into MY inbox.

11. Dec 26, 2009 #10
    Then, when it does, you can do like others like you should: ignore it.
    If you do not want to give out your email address, that's your personal choice.
    Anyone who wants an invite can PM me their email if they want.
    You cannot enforce your personal opinions on others and expect everyone to follow suit.

12. Dec 26, 2009 #11
    Hey, guess what. I looked, and advertising is against the TOS.

IBTL. Enjoy.

13. Dec 26, 2009 #12
    You seem to miss the point completely dotman. I'm sure if you took the time to read and carefully go through what I'm saying, you would see that this isn't advertising but sharing.

14. Dec 26, 2009 #13

cronxeh

Gold Member

I'm sorry im bored already, what were you saying?

15. Dec 26, 2009 #14
    The first post is pretty clear.
    I have Wave invitations (just like the thousands of others who are currently using Wave).
    Google gives us these invites so that we, in turn, can give them out to others. This is part of the testing and will help the developers see how much the server can handle and what needs they need to meet.

This isn't advertising.
    This isn't me trying to troll the forums.
    Simple trying to be nice and share with some people.

16. Dec 26, 2009 #15
    Just click "Report" and let he mentors decide if this is acceptable. Like this... :click:

17. Dec 26, 2009 #16
    Although, I do not want cronxeh to get mad at me, I wont mind:

<email address deleted>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  18. Dec 26, 2009 #17
    Oh thanks! I have been looking for email addresses to sell! :yoink:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  19. Dec 26, 2009 #18
    PM MaxMackie if you want an invite. Locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook