Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graph States for Quantum Secret Sharing

1. Dec 27, 2013 #1
    In Graph States for Quantum Secret Sharing on page 3 :

I understand that $$\mathop \otimes \limits_i Z_i^{{l_{i2}}} = Z_1^{{l_{12}}} \otimes Z_2^{{l_{22}}} \otimes Z_3^{{l_{32}}}$$

But I don’t understand why $$\left| G \right\rangle = \left( {\frac{{\left| {0 + + } \right\rangle + i\left| {1 - - } \right\rangle }}{{\sqrt 2 }}} \right)$$

I ask explain to me – why it is so

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2014 #2
    It might just be a typo. From definition 3, [itex]\left( \left|0++\right>+i\left|1--\right> \right)/\sqrt{2} [\itex] is supposed to be the graph state [itex]\left| G \right>[\itex]. If I am correct in that assumption then [itex] \left|G\right> [\itex] cannot have any imaginary amplitudes. This is because you can create the graph by doing a series of controlled phases, one for each edge of the graph, to the state [itex]\left|+\right>^{\otimes 3}[\itex]. Controlled phases can only change the phase of a computational basis state by [itex]-1[\itex].

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook