Gravitational Effect of Uniform Mass on Earth's Surface

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Jaller1404
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Hey guys!

What would be the gravitational effect of Earth on it's surface, if somehow the density of mass was uniform and equal to 2/5 of the real value? Assuming that the size e shape os the planet doesn't change.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

Have you Googled the equation for gravitational force? What does it tell you?
Actually, do you think I should use the equation for gravitational force or the equation for gravitacional field?
 
Jaller1404 said:
Actually, do you think I should use the equation for gravitational force or the equation for gravitacional field?
I guess it depends on what you are asking - it isn't clear to me what you want to know. What is "gravitational effect"?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jaller1404
russ_watters said:
I guess it depends on what you are asking - it isn't clear to me what you want to know. What is "gravitational effect"?
Analising the question again, I realized that it's Force. Ty for the help o/
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters