Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greetings from a layman in physics with some wild ideas need proving. What to do?

1. Oct 28, 2014 #1

HZY

Greetings,

My name is Henry Young and I am a layman in physics. But I have some really wild ideas about cosmology that need proving. Maybe I can get someone to prove them for me. For example, I think the universe actually started by .....

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2014 #2
  4. Oct 28, 2014 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I'd suggest that you improve your physics knowledge before trying to come up with theories of your own. There is so much great stuff in mainstream science to learn and understand. Once you get a better footing, you will be able to dismiss many of your own "wild ideas" quickly, without wasting a lot of time on them. Instead, learn real science well, and then look for ways that you can contribute.

The PF is a great place to learn about mainstream science. It is not a place where wild ideas are discussed. :-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook