Greetings to all seekers of knowledge and truth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walloon
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 469 views
Walloon
I am living proof that one can forget more than the sum of all he has learned. I was a physics major in the '60's that, due to being in the wrong school, the wrong field, at the wrong time, and possessing the wrong mind, eventually zigzagged off into other directions, but for some inexplicable reason retained an interest in the laws of nature. A great deal of what I was taught was eventually proven to be totally wrong, incomplete, fattening or just plain useless. The rest I forgot, which is very fortunate because one is allocated only so much disk space. Luckily, tuition was relatively cheap in those days and I eventually graduated with three degrees and no debt, so I can't complain.

I'm just here to see what's going on and maybe learn something, even if its just by accident or osmosis.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
Physics news on Phys.org