Groundhog Day and spring predictions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 9K views
...and then an appeal to the academic community was heard.

Groundhog said:
Furthermore, all of you rocket scientists in top hats, if you see your own shadow, then doesn't it stand to reason that I'll see mine? Duh!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
...and then an appeal to the academic community was heard.
LOL :smile:
 
I think a Groundhog song is in order.

To the tune of "Comfortably Numb"
by Pink Floyd


Waking a Groundhog is Incredibly Dumb
By Artman

Hello?
Is there a groundhog in there?
Don’t bite me if you are near me.
Is there any hog at home?

Come on, out.
I hear you're shadow’s about.
We won’t give you blame,
If you see it once again.

Relax.
We need to wake you up here first.
If you bite me in the ass,
I know it’s going to hurt.

There’s your shadow that you’re seeing.
Six more weeks of cold you’re predicting.
The light is coming through in waves.
Or maybe particles I guess they’re saying.
When Spring finally comes we can let you sleep.
There is no reason to wake you up.
Until February comes again.
I can't explain, for it is kind of dumb.
The goofy-hat dude is who I am
I must become cold and numb.


Ok.
Come and see your shadow quick.
There'll be no more ...Aaaaaahhhhh!
“He bit me!” the little prick!

Can you believe it?
I do believe it's bleeding now..
How is that for the show?
Oh God, I’ve got to go.

There is no pain, but it’s bleeding.
The little sh!* Broke a vessel.
The blood’s now flowing out in waves.
I’m feeling faint, I can’t hear what you’re saying.
That groundhog caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of his eye.
Of his shadow there, but now it’s gone.
Pressure! Put your finger on it now.
The bleeding has stopped, the groundhog is gone.
Waking a groundhog is incredibly dumb.


:biggrin:
 
The light is coming through in waves.
Or maybe particles I guess they’re saying

LOL That's my favorite part!