Halloween Dog Costumes: Cute & Fun

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: These are reall cute........:uhh:Oh come on, that "spider dog" made me spew all over my keyboard! :rofl:It must be miserable to be a pug or chihuahua; it seems their owners always insist on dressing them up in goofy clothes or costumes. Spider dog is seriously funny. The hound with the knife had me laughing too. As long as the humans aren't taking themselves seriously when they dress the animals up, it's all in good humour. If you think Fido looks really sweet as a pirate, then you really have issues. Otherwise, it's a hoot!For some reason,
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
These are reall cute.

image0021zh5.jpg

image0031ai8.jpg

image0091hf0.jpg

image0111pu0.jpg

image0071fg7.jpg

image0061eh1.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
.......:uhh:

Oh come on, that "spider dog" made me spew all over my keyboard! :rofl:

It must be miserable to be a pug or chihuahua; it seems their owners always insist on dressing them up in goofy clothes or costumes. :rofl:

Spider dog is seriously funny. The hound with the knife had me laughing too. As long as the humans aren't taking themselves seriously when they dress the animals up, it's all in good humour. If you think Fido looks really sweet as a pirate, then you really have issues. Otherwise, it's a hoot!

For some reason, I was expecting to see someone in a Belinda Stronach mask. :uhh:

Our neighbour has a 'mutt' (pretty much spaniel-like) that's pure black. I'll see if he'll let me do that spider outfit for her. :biggrin:

While the hot dogs are clever, the last one just made me laugh out right... lol.

The chihuahua is my favorite too.:rofl: :rofl:

My Corgi, always turns into a mean and scary Dragon!

Hi, Sweetheart... haven't seen you for a while. If yours is anything like my old Corgi/Sheltie cross, it's the perfect shape for a dragon. One foot tall at the head when standing on 4 legs, and three feet tall sitting up like a gopher.

My sister has a corgi that has the right personality to be a dragon, but I think he'd chew up any costume you try to put on him. :biggrin:

Haha those are actually really cute, I feel bad for the dogs though they must feel so silly lol

Naw, dogs aren't nearly smart enough to feel silly about anything. A cat, on the other hand, would shred you if you tried to do something like that to it.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/bear_hat.JPG [Broken]

Getting Little Bear ready for Halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man what a buncha ugly kids... :eek:

That spider outfit is hilarious, I got to save some of these pics. :biggrin:

moo

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1051/8172006133146al8.th.jpg [Broken]
Zoie, the lion.

She hates that thing - I think I need to cut some ear holes in it.

We also found some puppy boots (literally boots made to look like puppies) for her at a thrift store. Watching her try to walk without any of her feet touching the ground was pretty funny. She gets rid of those things pretty quick.

Integral said:
[/URL]
Are those your wife's talons in the background? :eek:
No wonder you have grey hair.

Danger said:
Naw, dogs aren't nearly smart enough to feel silly about anything. A cat, on the other hand, would shred you if you tried to do something like that to it.

Lol we had a husky/wolf cross we used to dress up in t'shirts, shorts, and socks and that dog would get the most tortured look on its face you've ever seen.

I'm just trying to envision what would happen if I even tried putting something like that on Ember. She puts up enough of a fuss with a collar or harness (I'm working on harness training her so she only needs to be in a carrier while actually in the car since she's not so happy with being carried around in it). I have gotten her past the stage of attacking the harness and wriggling out of the whole thing and onto the stage of lying flat on the floor looking totally humiliated but willing to put up with it long enough to get her treats. I don't think she'd ever talk to me again if I put spider legs on her. :rofl:

Integral said:

Getting Little Bear ready for Halloween.
Awwwwww, Little Bear was so cute!

Hypatia and BobG, yours are cute too! I never knew PF had so many closet dog dressers. :tongue2:

Danger said:
Are those your wife's talons in the background? :eek:
No wonder you have grey hair.

Yeah, when she grows them out they are pretty impressive. Currently she has trimed them back, so now I can sleep with both eyes closed!

Not a Halloween costume, but I just had to share this. This is my cousin's Christmas card from a couple of years back. Notice the expression on Sparky's face. They bought him a stuffed Shrek Donkey, thinking it was cute, but Sparky didn't have much interest in it, so Jeff "animated" Donkey a bit and made like Donkey was going after Sparky's favorite bone chew-toy. The fact that Donkey was getting attention from Jeff AND going after the favorite toy was too much. Instant enemy! If they leave Donkey where Sparky can get at it, he bites it on the crotch and thrashes the hell out of it. Now you can understand Sparky's expession. Being forced to wear silly horns and pose peacefully with one's sworn enemy would tick me off too.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6596/sparky005jd6.jpg [Broken]

turbo-1 said:
Not a Halloween costume, but I just had to share this. This is my cousin's Christmas card from a couple of years back. Notice the expression on Sparky's face. They bought him a stuffed Shrek Donkey, thinking it was cute, but Sparky didn't have much interest in it, so Jeff "animated" Donkey a bit and made like Donkey was going after Sparky's favorite bone chew-toy. The fact that Donkey was getting attention from Jeff AND going after the favorite toy was too much. Instant enemy! If they leave Donkey where Sparky can get at it, he bites it on the crotch and thrashes the hell out of it. Now you can understand Sparky's expession. Being forced to wear silly horns and pose peacefully with one's sworn enemy would tick me off too.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6596/sparky005jd6.jpg [Broken]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This confirms my thought that some people see their pet as a member of the family...

Its sooo cute! I see my dog as a member of my family she even gets mail sometimes from the beautician and pet shop. And I celebrate her birthday every year and get her presents for her bday and christmas.

Stevedye56 said:
This confirms my thought that some people see their pet as a member of the family...

Haha mine sure are

Stevedye56 said:
Of COURSE they're members of the family! My cat, for example, is a spoiled rotten only child!

The spider costume and Turbo's contribution are just too funny.

I can't remember when I've last laughed so hard. I need to get a dog just so I can put Halloween costumes on him.

Such cute dog pictures! :biggrin:

My neighbour gave his permission for me to 'spiderize' his mutt, so I might have a picture to add next week. (Assuming that I actually have time to do it.)

extrrrrrrr...emely funny:rofl: :smile: :bugeye: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stevedye56 said:
Well, DUH!

Wait. You mean some people don't?! :eek:

Actually, I was never this bad when my real kids were younger.

BobG said:
Well, DUH!

Wait. You mean some people don't?! :eek:

Actually, I was never this bad when my real kids were younger.
Jeff and Paula's only child has been out of the house for a few years and has a family of her own, so Sparky's getting a lot of attention. When they visited Maine a while back, they wanted to get away for a few days, so my father agreed to look after Sparky. He did NOT want to give him back. The little guy is smart as hell and really personable. My father just turned 80 and I can't convince him to get a Westie because he doesn't want to saddle a lively dog with an older person (though he walks several miles every day). When he turns 95, I'll say "I told you so!"

<h2>1. What are some popular Halloween dog costume ideas?</h2><p>Some popular Halloween dog costume ideas include dressing your dog up as a pumpkin, a hot dog, a superhero, a witch, or a vampire.</p><h2>2. Are there any safety concerns when it comes to dressing up dogs for Halloween?</h2><p>Yes, it is important to make sure that the costume is not too tight or restrictive, does not obstruct the dog's vision or movement, and does not have any small parts that could be a choking hazard. It is also important to supervise your dog while they are wearing the costume.</p><h2>3. How do I know what size costume to get for my dog?</h2><p>It is important to measure your dog's neck, chest, and length from the base of their neck to the base of their tail before purchasing a costume. Most costumes will have a size chart to help you determine the best fit for your dog.</p><h2>4. Can I make my own Halloween costume for my dog?</h2><p>Yes, there are many DIY dog costume ideas available online. Just make sure to use safe and comfortable materials and avoid any potential choking hazards.</p><h2>5. How can I get my dog to wear a costume without them trying to take it off?</h2><p>Some dogs may not be comfortable wearing costumes, so it is important to introduce the costume gradually and use positive reinforcement, such as treats, to help them associate the costume with something positive. It may also help to choose a lightweight and comfortable costume that does not restrict their movement.</p>

1. What are some popular Halloween dog costume ideas?

Some popular Halloween dog costume ideas include dressing your dog up as a pumpkin, a hot dog, a superhero, a witch, or a vampire.

2. Are there any safety concerns when it comes to dressing up dogs for Halloween?

Yes, it is important to make sure that the costume is not too tight or restrictive, does not obstruct the dog's vision or movement, and does not have any small parts that could be a choking hazard. It is also important to supervise your dog while they are wearing the costume.

3. How do I know what size costume to get for my dog?

It is important to measure your dog's neck, chest, and length from the base of their neck to the base of their tail before purchasing a costume. Most costumes will have a size chart to help you determine the best fit for your dog.

4. Can I make my own Halloween costume for my dog?

Yes, there are many DIY dog costume ideas available online. Just make sure to use safe and comfortable materials and avoid any potential choking hazards.

5. How can I get my dog to wear a costume without them trying to take it off?

Some dogs may not be comfortable wearing costumes, so it is important to introduce the costume gradually and use positive reinforcement, such as treats, to help them associate the costume with something positive. It may also help to choose a lightweight and comfortable costume that does not restrict their movement.