Harvested 7.5 kg of chanterelle mushrooms

  • Thread starter Thread starter arildno
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Abundance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
10,165
Reaction score
138
An abundance of yellow legs!

The mushroom season is upon me, and this week-end, I picked 7.5 kg of this fellow:
http://www.mediabasen.no/d/22616-2/Traktkantarell+045.jpg

They're yummy good! :smile:
 
Biology news on Phys.org


Do you do anything to seasonally promote their growth or are you just harvesting what you can find? (don't know about your property)
 


Hepth said:
Do you do anything to seasonally promote their growth or are you just harvesting what you can find? (don't know about your property)
Property?
What property??

For the last 1000 years or so, owners of wilderness lands in Norway are forbidden to prevent people from harvesting berries, nuts, mushrooms for their own personal use on that land.
For the harvesting of hazel-nuts, this was put into the legal code of King Magnus the Law Maker, who reigned from 1263-1280 AD. That law is still valid in 21st century Norway.

Harvesting for commercial purposes, however, is reserved for the owner, along with rights of pasture, hunting, felling of timber and so on.


It is, by the way, for most mushrooms, impossible to cultivate them, or add specifically effective fertilizers, because we do not as yet have sufficient knowledge of what specific ingredients the mushrooms needs.

Champignon and garbageake are the only two exceptions I know of.
 
Last edited:


I envy you Arildno. Before the drought hit, there was an overabundance of some scary looking mushrooms down in the ravine. I wanted to get a closer look, but I couldn't make it down to them.
 


arildno said:
http://www.mediabasen.no/d/22616-2/Traktkantarell+045.jpg

They're yummy good! :smile:

Close relative to

[URL]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/kurka.jpg[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I know those mushrooms. They're actually only second-cousins, but it's a very tight family
 


I thought you meant the bird
Lesser-Yellowlegs-worn-juvenile-w-bill-open-_V5W0488--Jamiaca-Bay-Wildlife-Refuge,-Queens,-NY.jpg

Also yummy good :)
 


Chi Meson said:
I thought you meant the bird

My first thought was that there is a hepatitis outbreak in Norway. :smile:
 


arildno said:
For the last 1000 years or so, owners of wilderness lands in Norway are forbidden to prevent people from harvesting berries, nuts, mushrooms for their own personal use on that land.

Wow. I'd be in prison if I lived in your country.

For the harvesting of hazel-nuts, this was put into the legal code of King Magnus the Law Maker, who reigned from 1263-1280 AD. That law is still valid in 21st century Norway.

Wow. I'd be in prison twice.

Anyone ever heard of pralines and cream? Guess what? Hazelnuts. Yum!
 


mugaliens said:
Wow. I'd be in prison if I lived in your country.



Wow. I'd be in prison twice.

Anyone ever heard of pralines and cream? Guess what? Hazelnuts. Yum!
If you lived in his country you would know about that law, free roam is one of the defining features for the Scandinavian countries.
 


Ivan Seeking said:
My first thought was that there is a hepatitis outbreak in Norway. :smile:

I was rather thinking about Chinese chorus line.
 


mugaliens said:
Wow. I'd be in prison if I lived in your country.



Wow. I'd be in prison twice.

Anyone ever heard of pralines and cream? Guess what? Hazelnuts. Yum!
Yes, how dreadful isn't it, that not all countries have the same property laws than the ones you fancy are objectively valid? Hmm?
 


arildno said:
Yes, how dreadful isn't it, that not all countries have the same property laws than the ones you fancy are objectively valid? Hmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p8xxgT748